You will receive continuous communication during the process BitOasis will be delisting 11 assets from its platform on 12 June 2023 at 01:00 PM UTC (05:00 PM GST). Please note that you will be able to sell or withdraw the assets until 19 June 2023 at 10:00 AM UTC (02:00 PM GST).
Trading pairs affected:
- Avalanche (AVAX) – AED, SAR, USD, USDT
- Digibyte (DGB) – AED, SAR, USD
- MultiversX (EGLD) – AED, SAR, USD, USDT
- Filecoin (FIL) – AED, SAR, USD, USDT
- IOTA (IOTA) – AED, BTC, ETH, SAR, USD
- Neo (NEO) – AED, BTC, USD, USDT
- Qtum (QTUM) – AED, BTC, SAR, USD
- Theta Network (THETA) – AED, SAR, USD, USDT
- VeChain (VET) – AED, BTC, SAR, USD, USDT
- Waves (WAVES) – AED, SAR, USD, USDT
- Verge (XVG) – AED, SAR, USD
Why are we making this decision?
BitOasis maintains a token management policy under which we have to ensure that tokens listed on our platform meet certain criteria at all times. The policy has been developed over time to make sure that we are protecting your interests when trading on our platform. The above-listed assets currently do not fit BitOasis’ token listing criteria.
We continuously monitor all assets listed on our platform, reviewing their compliance with our listing criteria on an ongoing basis to make sure that we offer only safe, secure, trusted, and useful assets to you while maintaining compliance with our regulatory requirements.
Will we continue to list new tokens in 2023?
Yes! We have significantly increased the number of tokens available on BitOasis during the last couple of years, scaling our platform and listing 50+ tokens in 2021 alone. Our intention is to continue to list new tokens that meet our high standards.
What happens next?
- Deposits for the tokens will close on 05 June 2023 at 01:00 PM UTC (05:00 PM GST)
- Trading on the above-listed trading pairs will cease on 12 June 2023 at 01:00 PM UTC (05:00 PM GST). Please note that sell orders will remain open until the withdrawal deadline.
- Withdrawals for the tokens will remain open until 19 June 2023 at 10:00 AM UTC (02:00 PM GST)
What do you need to do?
- Please cancel all your open buy orders before trading stops on 12 June 2023 at 01:00 PM UTC (05:00 PM GST)
- Please sell or withdraw your remaining tokens as soon as possible. It will not be possible to withdraw your tokens starting 19 June 2023 at 10:00 AM UTC (02:00 PM GST)
- All open buy orders will be automatically canceled after 12 June 2023 at 01:00 PM UTC (05:00 PM GST)
- All remaining positions after the withdrawal deadline of 19 June 2023 at 10:00 AM UTC (02:00 PM GST) will be liquidated at the prevailing market price and the equivalent fiat amount will be credited to your BitOasis account
- You will receive continuous communication during the process
We thank you for your trust in our platform while we continue to build a safe crypto ecosystem for our community and our region.
On April 27th, 2023, BitOasis received its MVP Operational License from VARA to provide broker-dealer and wallet services to qualified retail investors across the UAE, GCC and MENA from Dubai, the United Arab Emirates.
BitOasis was registered as a Reporting Entity on the UAE’s Financial Intelligence Unit Go-AML Anti-Money Laundering Platform in September 2021.
Update on June 19, 2023: The deadline for withdrawals and sell orders has been extended by two weeks to July 3, 2023, at 10:00 am UTC (02:00 pm GST). The remaining balances after this deadline will be liquidated at the prevailing market price and the equivalent fiat amount will be credited to your BitOasis account.
Important Notice: BitOasis does not provide investment or legal advice. If this content, including attachments, contains guidance or expresses a view, this is not to be considered or relied upon as investment or legal advice and it is recommended that you obtain independent professional advice. Cryptocurrency trading/investing involves a substantial risk of loss and may not be suitable for every investor. If you do not fully understand these risks, you must seek independent advice from your financial advisor.